charts for singers
frequently asked questions
- Do you have a list of songs available?
No, I only write custom charts based on the mp3s or links you send me. This assures you that you’re getting the exact arrangement of the song that you want.
- Do I need separate charts written for each instrument in the band?
Not necessarily. A rhythm chart contains an intro, outro, tempo, groove, instrumental hooks, important bass lines…all the information a rhythm section needs to successfully navigate the arrangement.
- What do rhythm charts cost?
My fee is $40 per hour . I can usually write a chart within the hour.
- I have a horn player in the band. Will I need to have a separate horn chart written?
No, the rhythm chart will be sufficient in most cases. Let me know which horn and I’ll send a properly transposed chart at no extra cost.
- How can I send you the songs I want charted?
You can send me mp3 files or YouTube links of the songs you want charted via e-mail. Include any instructions [key change, extend solos, etc.]
- In what format are the rhythm charts? How will I receive them?
I will send you printable pdf files via e-mail. If you wish, I can also send you the original files I create in Sibelius 7.
“Pete has been a godsend! I am utterly grateful for his help with charts especially when I’m on tour overseas and low on time to complete the job myself. His charts are clear, clean, accurate and always delivered within a respectable amount of time. It doesn’t matter if you’re a new singer or an old pro, you need quality charts. And Pete is certainly the one to do that for you.”
Diane White – jazz vocalist